INDONESIA INDEPENDENT WAR 4
December 21, 2009 by uniquecollection | Edit
INFORMATION SHEET NO O4-1945
BEFORE AND EARLIEST ALLIED FORCES CAME IN SEPTEMBER 1945
Page 04-Sept.1945(file code :4509)
. SEPTEMBER 1st 1945
(1)The National salute “MERDEKA” was officially announce with one hand up at the ear level with five fingers ,meaning that the state of Republic Indonesia based one five sila(Panca sila) and Red-white pin start to use(D).
(2)Van Mook, Dutch Letnant-Governor General of the Indies, met British Lord Mountbatten in Ceylon and asked that Japanese troops still in Indonesia be ordered by the British to suppress the Republican gfoverment be the Japanese delay.(The Republican especially the youngmen very fast movement to got the guns from Japanese except the biggest city like Semarang and Surabaya –auth)(D)
September ,4th 1945
(1)Indonesia Red Cross was inagurated.(D)
(2)Dutch aeroplanes flea above Jakarta, everybody were waited the British Allied Forces (D).
(1)Radio limited channels licensed Certificate, in the Japanese and Indonesia character form and the radio’channel have been protected only for the japanese program , with theDai Nippon official stamped that radio have protected (D)
(2)Sultan Hemangkubuwono IX and Paku Alam VIII declare that their kingdome to be part of Indonesia . The copy on their statement (Jogja Government,1952):
(1.1)The Statement of Hemangkubuwono IX
Sri Paduka Inkeng Sinuwun Kangdjeng Sultan.
We hemangku Buwono IX. Sultan Negeri Ngajogjakarta hadiningrat announced:
– That the State of Ngajogjakarta Hadiningrat as the Kingdom was the state of Republic Indonesia’s special area.
– That we as the Area Chief holded all the power in the State of Ngajogjakarta Hadiningrat , and because of the situation this time, all the government administration in the state of Ngajogjakarta Hadiningrat since this time under our hand and other powers we handed all.
– That because the straight relationship between the state of Ngajogjakarta hadiningrat and the central government of the state of republic Indonesia. We have the straight responsibility to the President of Republic Indonesia.
– We order all the citizen in the country Ngajogjkarta hadiningrat to obey this statement.
– Ngajogjakarta Hadiningrat 28 Puasa Ehe 1876 or 5-9-1945.Hamenbgku Buwono IX (D)
(1.2)The statement of Paku Alam VII
Sri Paduka Kangdjeng Gusti
Pangeran Adipati Ario Paku Alam
We Paku Alam VIII the chief of Paku- Alaman state , Ngajogjakarta Hadiningrat country, declare :
-That the state of Paku-Alaman, as the Kingdom were the Special area of the State of Republic Indonesia.
-That we as the areal chief handed all the power in the state of Paku-Alaman and that is way because of the recent situation all the government in the state of Paku-Alaman start from this day and other power were in our hands.
-Between The state of Paku-Alaman and the central Government of Republic Indonesia have the straight relationship and we have responsibility straight (langsung) to the President of Republic Indonesia (D)
(d) The photo of the first Cabinet , command straight by President Sukarno were born this day (P)
(1) The allies Radio have informed that Lord Louis Mountbatten as the chief of South East Asia Command (SEAC)’s Allied armed forces ,Singapore as the headquaters.
He have ordered the Dai Nippon Gunseirekan to dismissed the State Of Republic Indonesia(NRI) and captured their leaders and brought to the allies.
This informations was made the Japanese became strong again and have insiatived to fight against the Native Indonesia peoples. (D)
(2) The Vintage photo of Lord Mountbatted (P)
(1)Seven Laisson officers of Allied Mission was landed by parachutes at Kemayoran airport. They have duties to report the situations of Republic Indonesia as the preparations of Allied armed forces
.September,9th 1945 __________________________________________
(1)Japanese armed forces in eastern area Indonesi finally surrender to Australian allied forces at Morotsai and Timor Kupang harbor(D)
(2)Postally used Dai Nippon Java 31/2 cent postcard , the rate still same before Independence proclamation in Java (altough in july 1945 the Dai Nippon Postal Administration had annouced the increase of Postal rate, but in java cann’t done but in Sumatra the increase of postal rate had done, Read Dai Nippon in Java-auth), send from CDS Bogor 8.9.05 to Djakarta without sencored.
Communication between E.A.Portier Nisja 35 Bandoori 7 street(still japanese name-auth) to Ch.Poiri about the bigger fiesta with 1000 invitations, but many couldn’t came. The first priest couldn’t came, the second priest were sicked since two weeks, and the third priest work outside the town.
My brother and sisters also haven’t came and I had sicked since one week .
Why the grand ma XXXVI years old , not 35 , must study again, please dodn’t made a joke on me.
In the nex Tuesday or Wednesday ,here will be KERK(church) concert that is way we cann’t go to Djakarta.
Dad very angry that you didn’t came
Because you have promise( Because the worst situation the Fieasta not succeed, everybody was afraid to went out their own houses, also they cann’t travel out of the city –auth)
.September ,10th 1945
(a)Four days after the Allied’s Radio informed status Quo before allied came , the Dai Nippon Gunseirekan announced that the Dai Nippon Government willn’t gave the power to the State of Republic Indonesia, but to Allies.(D)
(b)The Small -size Receipt of Government house rental (Hudoosan Kan Koodan) Kedoe-shuu Magelang,to pay the rental of the house at Bajoeman Street no.36, for KU-Gatsu (August?) F.32.81, with 15 cent Dai Nippon Java revenue and official stamped(PH)(This was the latest document of Dai Nippon administration collection at Magelang, because in October there were the battle between the allies & Dai Nippon with the Republic Indonesia soldier and youngmen people powers in Semarang,Ambarawa and Magelang .
I have seen a Dutchmen’s collection of document with Dai Nippon Magelang leges used in September or more later month . If some one have the Java or Sumatra’s document or postal history in October –December 1945 please inform us –auth)
(c) Off cover Deffinitive Dai Nippon sumatra stamps 2 x 2 cent, postally used Dai Nippon character date stamped :
Padang Pandjang .20.9.12 = September .12th .1945 (.very late used dai nippon date stamped –auth)(PH)
(1)Radio Republic Indonesia(RRI) was officially born, with the leader Dr Abdulrahman saleh, Maladi etc.(D)
September 12th 1945
Dai Nippon Java prestamped postcard 31/2 cent ,postally used from Djakrta CDS 12.9.05 to Parakan. The letter was asking to send all his books , writing books in the “doos”(boxes0, he hope the importan books will send fast, with best packed because that books very difficult to found that time .(During the war , he wasn’t forgotten his books collections-auth)
September 13th 194
(1)“Berita Indonesia’(Indonesia Newpapers) was the first Indonesian Newspaper after Independent.
(that is why difficult to find the proclamation information in August 1945, that time all Indonesia newspapers were banned by Dai Nippon, if someone have the Proclamations text in August newspapers inland or abroud please inform us-auth) (D)
(1)Radio Australia have annouced that tomorrow one 10.000 ton Cruiser ”Cumbe-rland” will came to Java Island. This cruiser will bring Medical Docters, food and medicine for Aliied Prisoner of War(D)
(2)Information from the Dai Nippon Hoodobu’s bulletin that The Allied Armed Forces will landed at Tandjong Priok harbour. The soldier will march at samo area in Djakarta city. The public suggested willn’t press them.(SW:Star Weekly Magazine,1946)
(3) All the “Rintangan” at Drossaer street have moved out . In the evening have seen the British allied soldier sat Eating and drinking at the Chinese restaurant while hearing the Jazz music, biside them sat one Dai Nippon officer elone, how his filling we don’t know (SW ,1946)
September ,15th 1945
(1)Early in this morning the people saw five Flying engines flied up the Kemayoran airport around two hours dropped Packets hanging on parachuttes and four Red cross Cars were taken that packets to the Nort Djakarta, Hundreds people have seen this , especially Indo and ambonese.
Many peoples were waited the British allied Forces along the Gunung Sahari street. After one day waited , in the evening came several Sedan car with British Marine officers and Trucks went to Hotel Des Indes, the people want to see the profile of the British soldiers. Indonesian people didn’t seen, only their propaganda ‘s draws at the buildings “Freedom the glory of any nation”,”The only road to peace (is) to acknowladge the Republik Indonesia”, At the building near Weeskamer were written “Freedom or a general slaughter”(SW,1946) .(SW,1946)
(2)The Allied’s Warship landed at Tandjong Priok,consist British ship “Cumberland”, and Dutch “Tromp” and few ships carried the Marine detasment.
In this landing also came Rear Admiral W.R. Patterson , vice Command SEAC , who have the temporary duty as The Command of Indonesia allied Armed forces or AFNEI (Allied Forces in The Netherlands Indie), also came with him Dutch’s army leader , General Van Straten , Colonel Abdul Kadir and Dr Ch.O. van der Plas as the vice of Dr H.J.van Mook (the chief of NICA: Nederlands Indies Civil Administration)(D)
September ,16th 1945
(1)British Rear Admiral Patterson landed at Jakarta . He announced that the Britishmission is to maintain law and order until that the lawfull governmentof the Netherlands East Indies is once again functioning.
The Dutch Askes Patterson to have the leaders of the Republic Indonesia arrested, but thr British Highcommand Patterson not to interfere in politics.(D)
(2) Information from Berita Indonesia newspaper that the Dai Nippon still keep law enforcement because only some British were came (SW,1946)
(1)Mass pro Republic robbers in Jakarta
(2) One month after Indonesia Independence proclamation, 50-100 peoples marched in the Jakarta city with holded flag , Bambo’s spears and “Golok”(bigger sharp’s knife ) .
In the night one Japanese was killed at Krekot area like cutting the chicken. The Gun shooting and the Telephon bar war sounding , as the danger’s situations signed.(SW,1946)
September .18th 1945
The Gunseikanbu (Japanese army) announced forbidden to march with gun and another kind of weapon Bung Karno protest that the announcement made the Indonesian fell ashemed “Menghina” and the situation became worse, all the Chinese shop clossed (because they afraid the badman wll used the situation to robery-aut) (Rosihan Anwar,1946)
(1)The first “Giant ” mass meeting at IKADA’s field Gambir Djakarta with many peoples, although was forbidden by the japanese.
Bung Karno only speak 5 minutes “ We will protected the Indepenence , not only one word will off. We had made the Plan. Queit and “Tentram” , but always ready to have our command(ibid,M,1952)
Tan Malaka (Datoek Soetan Malaka) Indonesia nationalist who fight against the japanese , was came to Ikada (Ikatan Atletik Djakarta or Jakarta Athelic association)’s field with Sukarno,
In the book “Hatta Answered “ (ibid Yusni,1981) , Bung hatta said that “ Tan malaka emerged on 19 September 1945, many people say that he entered Indonesia dutring the Japanese time and worhed as a romusha at Bayah, South Banten, in mine there, as a houses servant. At that time Bung Karno, Sukardji Wiryopranoto and I went there , and indeed Tan Malaka was in Bayah. Because he knew that I knew him, he served me tea from behind me. This I learnt later, when he emerged in Jakarta on 19 September 1945. That was when the people in Jakarta flooded Ikada Stadium and the Kempetai and the Japanese army came out with their guns because we were not allowed to hold a mass meeting.
Bung Karno and I (Bung Hatta) went to the mass meeting and announced that Independence had been proclaimed and that we should build up our strength ; we advised the people to remain calm , not to shed blood uselessly and to go home.
The people did go home, and we held a meeting afterwards at Soebardjo’s house. ( but if we look at the photo the man behind Bung Karno wasn’t like Tan Malaka face, they, Tan malaka and Sukarno have different principle and strategy in Indonesian Independent movement, Bung Karno Collaburator Japanese and struggle with political , but Tan Malaka want a liberation war like Ho Chi Minh at Vietnam, they didn’t collaburated with japanese and fight with liberation war against Dutch, Tan Malaka and Ho chi Minh before Independent were study Sosialist-communism at Russia, that was why they called as the communist.Hatta said in the book Hatta Answered (ibid yuzni,1981) that Tan Malaka established new Party PARI, on this basis,Moscow expelled him from the communist Party) .
After the Ikada meeting , .Everybody came home with peace, nothing happen like what Sukarno’s prefered, he could managed the people’s emosion with his very short and powerful talked-auth)
(2)Fiver photos of the Ikada Mass Meeting,
(a)The first IKADA’s photo
Bung Karno with many peoples, marched to the IKADA there were three Indonesia polcemen, and beside Sukarno two Indonesia leader (? Who, Poetze said Tan Malaka because approved by Bung Hatta, but the face not like him , where Bung Hatta ? He was there ?)
(b) the Second IKADA’s photo
Thousands Indonesian people in the IKADA-Gambir and 4 Dai nippon Militaries with guns were standing there.
(c) The third IKADA ‘s photo,
the Djakarta youngmen with “bambu Runtjing”or bamboo spears had ready to protect their country, they were went to Ikada-field to join the Giant Meeting in 19 September 1945“
(d) the fourth photo : the peoples and native armed forces “Laskar” with the Red -white flag and Banteng ‘s flag in the front went to IKADA “Giant” Meeting (P&D
(eThe 5th photo
Bung Karno speaking in the IKADA field, Mr Poetze have seen one man with l hat “Helm” near Bung Karno and the same man walking together with Bung Karno ( the 1st photo) after compared that photo, he concluded that Tan Malaka was the man because he smaller than Bung Karno, Tan Malaka 165 cm and Bung Karno 172 m.
( we must compared too with the photo profilae on Tan Malaka in 1945, because the Tan Malaka photo during in Moscow different, and we didn,t have the Tan Malaka’s photo 1n 1945, please someone comment and shiw us the Tan Malaka profile in 1745 for comparative-auth.)
(3)I was laid bedrest because of Malaria, that many cases after one month Republic Indonesia, the information had came to my ear. This day in Gambir there was the “Giant” meeting , thousand people from around Djakarta with train-wagon were came to hear their Preseident ‘s speaked.The japanese were afraid that the people will took a revanced.Tank and Mitraljoer were standby . My friend had told me that the Meeting with People-action, sukarno said that the Independence not only by the will of Sukarno but also by 70 Million Indonesian people.(ibid,Rosihan Anwar,1946)
(4) In the midday
one Japanese was killed in the front of M de Koning’s Shop at Noordwijk Batavia (now Jakarta), and at that place everybody could read the propaganda:
“ I expect freedom and Justice”( from the Mac Athur at Missouri Sept 3rd 1945).
The robery begun at the people house and the storage building , one was belong of Magazinmessters , they was phone that they forbidden to tell the Kampetai (Japanese Military Police-auth) (SW,1946)
(5) Gunseikabu bulletin wrote that the Chief of Japanese army announced from SEPTEMBER 18th were forbidden to march with guns and another kind of weapons. Soekarno-Hatta protest that Forbidden to March were “Menghina”blammed the Indonesian people, after the situation became worst a nd all the Chinese shops were closed .(SW,1946)
)September 19th 1945
(a) In this day the British allied Forces have taken over the duty from the Dai Nippon soldiers when their reinforcement were landed, six weeks after Dai Nippon surrendered.
(b)The situasion in September were “Afraid and Hate”, The afraid’s people were Indomen which hate by the Japanese.
(c)Pelopor Indonesia have phisically contact with the Indo, and in the Berita Indonesia news paper and the propaganda Plaque put on the wall we could read the “provacation “ against the Indomen, the Police couldn’t taken any action . The word Nippon did’t used anymore.(SW,1946)
(1)Rear admiral Patterson have called General Nagama and General Yamamoto from Dai Nippon Military Adminstration and instructed them to delivered all Indonesia Inventaritations to Allied.(The British Occupation Jakarta were started-auth) (D)
(2)Dai nippon 31/2 cent Karbouw design postcard , postally used from Padang 20.9.05 to Boekittinggi, added Dai Nippon Sumatra 5 sent stamp (increase rate to 81/2 cent).( Sumatra still under Dai Nippon administration-auth)(PH)
September .21th 1945
(1)Soerakarta Zaisan Kanri Sikyoku’s death certificate form send to Masaran Soncho (Sragen).
In this certifiacte were listed the identity of the Death Mean,Father and mother, when they merried,the property , if they weren’t officially merried must merried officially in Solo.(until september Dai nippon still have powered in Solo and sragen,Middle java-auth)
(1)Postally used Dai Nippon 31/2 cent Java postcard. Send from CDS Djakarta 22.9-05 to Parakan.the letter :” Very long time didn’t have informations.If you come hear you willn,t familier anymore to our house because we have renovated.Our brothers had came homes. I want to go to Djawa, but must be waited one or two month when the train weren’t full.I hope after recieved this letter you will write again.”(The Allied forces(British) didn’t aoccupied the Central Djakarta post office (Pasar Baru,now phillatelic center), and the Dai nippon callender stil used on Date stamped, the postal rate didn’t change-auth)(PH)
.September 23th 1945
(1)Native Java “ wono Caroko” characters’s certificate , receipt in this day (may beone day someone will tranlate this native certificater –auth)(D)
(2) Patterson send Captain Hayes of the Dutch navy to inspect the Surabaya situation (D)
(3) Three or four days after the Ikada Mass meeting (on the 23rd of Sepetember 1945) the meeting at Subardjo’s house was continued, again at Soebardjo’s place. That was when Tan Malaka appeared at the meeting (I think meneer Poeze wrong, Tan Malaka wasn’t appeared in Ikada mass meeting September .19th 1945, he appeared in September 23th 1945 at Soebardjo’s house second meeting ,Hatta saw Tan Malaka, please comment Mr Poeze-auth)
There was no doubt that it was he, when we shook hands with each other. At the time Tan Malaka to join us, saying(Hatta):”Do join us in the government, for instance by training a propaganda front”
“ No, you two ( Bung karno and I) are just right,” he (Tan Malaka) said, “Let me just help in the background” (this was the anserwd of my queation many years, why Tan malaka didn’t joint the Indonesia Independent (that he was created) Government? –auth), Thus, he(Tan Malaka) did not like to be under us who were much younger, because he was older. I (Hatta) think that was his real reason ( May be Tan Malaka didn’t want to be the prsedent of NRI –the state of Republic Indonesia, he want to be the The Biggest leader of all Indonesia revolutionary area(Peminbin Besar Revolusi Indonesia)-auth). So he (tan malaka) said that he wanted to help in the background by strenggthening the movement and to stryggle to defend our freedom.
September 25 th 1945.
(a)Two days after the second meeting at Subardjo ‘s House and met tan Malakq, Bung Karno came to my House (57 Diponegoro street,Menteng jakarta), he said :” What shall we do, I have gone too far and have given a verbal promise that, if the two of us are arrest by the Alliest, the country’s leadership will be transferred to Tan Malaka ( very famous and sensational “ Bung Korno’s Will Of the next Leaders “ was true due to Hattas –auth)
Hatta react to Sukarno’s will, he said :
“ That is impossible” he said to Bung Karno.
“ You remenbered , since the Japanese time it was felt ( it was not officially expreseed, but it was felt) that the PKI (Indonesian communist Party) elements were against Tan Malaka. How could he become a successor to the two of us ?
“ But because Bung Karno has gone too far, how would it be if we just change it ? We will give the mandate not just to Tan Malaka alone. Let us take four people. Tan Malaka represent the radical group, Syahrir the emi radical, Sukiman represent the Moslem group, while Wongsonegoro represent the conservative group. Thus they will represent the whole people. Sukarno agreed.
He went home to his house at 56 Pegangsaan Timur Jakarta (near Menteng, now became the Indpendent garden with the Statue Sukarno-hatta Independence proclamations, the house was broken down by Sukarno later and made the Pola building, also the proclamation ‘s PEWARI (Indonesian Lady’s association) statue-auth)
, and frome there phoned Soebardjo to inform Tan Malaka that Bung Karno wanted to see him again, “ But also with Bung Hatta who was not preent the previoeus time” He (Bung Karno) said.
(b)At that meeting, I again explained that it was necessary for the four elements to participate (Hatta was true, until this day the four element alsways cann,t joint together,and the situation always made Indonesia not too stable between 1950 until 1965, and again after 1998-2004, I hope our president SBY-susilo bambang Yudoyono will anticipating the four element to joint together, Hatta was very best strategic heros in Indonesia-please comment-auth)
At the meeting. Iwan Kusuma Sumantri said that Sukiman was not there :”I could take his place, because I am aslo from the Masyumi(islamic party-auth) “ He said. Ultimately a document was prepared with Iwa replacing Sukiman,
Sukarni once said that the idea and the term Republic of Indonesia originated with Tan Malaka, I (Hatta) said :” That is not true. Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo had used that term earlier, that was in 1913. So it was not Tan Malaka’s idea. Cipto was opposed to monarchs . Ad all of us from the nationalist movement at that time were republicans”
The PKI movement , in 1948 , Muso’soriginal plan was to procalim as Indonesia Soviet State,
(the story read at 1948-November chapter-.
Hatta have told us that the public ‘s opinion ,especially the Tan Malaka folloower that the term of Republic Indonesia was Tan malaka Opinion wasn’t true-please comment Meneer Poeze –the Tan Malaka expert-auth)
Republican’s youth take over PTT headquaters at Bandung (D)
(1)British reinforcement landed at Jakarta(D)
(2)Soerakarta Kooti Jimu Kyoku letter with official Kanji stamped to Semarang Zaisan kanri Kyoku about the report of birth that not yet report the birth since 1942.
(Because of war, many chlid’s birth have very late report, due to the law must report in two weeks and the Dai Nippon administration still done their duties although they have surrender , salute to their deciplined., this was the best Document history-auth) (D)
(3) From Aneta’s information that, Soekarno and Hatta under House arrest(SW,1946)
(4)Foreign Radio have announced that General Dempsy had an order tho sent the soldier to Indochina and Java (SW,1946)
(1) Republican youth take over railways and radio station at Jakarta and Surabaya, installation at jogja,solo,Malang and Bandung(D)
(2) Fighting escalaters between Republican Youth with foreigners Dutch troops and Military Police massacre Republican youths in Pekalongan
(3) Japanese troops pushed Republican out of Bandung , hand over that city to British allies armed forces
(4)Allied forces(British) landed at Djakarta with the command of Leutenant General Christison (ibid,M.1952)
(5) Radio SEAC, The Letnan General Christison, the Chief Command of Indonesia Allied Forces (AFNEI) ‘s annouced about their duty in Indonesia :
(a) Repatriated the prisonor of War and Internirnees, which administrated and operationed by RAPWI ( Rehabilitation Allied Prisoners of War and Internees)
(b) “Melucuti” dearmed the Japanese and repatiated them backhome to Japan .
(c) Keep the situations still in well conditions ( “tertib&aman”) in orded the duty will be done.(D)
(6)The Sudanco of Solo declare allegiancy to Republic(D)
(7) King of Bone declares support for Republic, Raja of Makassar and Bugis join .(D)
(8)Former PETA ,HEIHO and islamic forces organized themselves adds a new fighting forces.
(9) Australian troops take surrender from Japanese navy, and they give support to NICA(D)
(10) About 11.00pm many trucks full with British-India allied soldiers came in Jakarta city. In the night were raining, the wheater felt good , everybody happy that the British armed forces now came to protect the security .
Many leaflet that aksing the people suggested don’t interface the Allies and the Dutch because they came only for protect the general securities, the status of Indonesia willn’t “ditetapka’ by them but by one United Nation conference of America,England, Rusland, Tiongkok(China) and Franch (if someone have this leaflet please show us-auth) (SW,1946)
September.Sunday 30th 1945
(1)General Christison announced that Republic Indonesia have “the de facto’s power”(defacto Government)after he have seen with his own eyes the Indonesia’s Power in Jakarta at September 29th 1945( This was the British political statement that made their movement at Central Java will more peace conditions, and they have succeeded –auth) (D).
(2) Van der Plas didn’t succeeded to asked the good favour from the R.I ‘s Police at their meeting in the Allies headquaters at south Gambir no 13 (ex Dai Nippon Military Headquaters , now Pertamina building?)(D)
(3) The Dutch soldier also landed with the British allies, and many Leaflet asked the people to attactk the Dutch “Attacked the Dutch durin the best situations”, but the Indonesian did’t foud the gun from Japanese , that is why nothing happened because without guns the Indonesian couldn’t moved.(SW,1946)
(4) At 1.00 pm, CH.O.der Plas have spoken in Malay at the Radio , he said that “The politician who collaborator with the Japnese willn’t sue except who made the danger situation to the people life(Yang mendatangkan tjilaka kepada sesama pendoedoek), after that in Dutch “ everybody were invited tomorrow at Koningsplein Ost KPM building , and the life securities were protected, and he use the word in dutch “Een Nieuw Indonesia” one new Indonesia.
At 1,15 pm The Allies Radio read the the news in English and then in Indonesia and Dutch language only five minutes about “The Allies forces have came in Batavia as the proposal . This morning the turn of the power will begun”(SW,1946)
(5) Some Dutch Marines were walking around Koningsplein Oost 5, KPM Building . but the visitors had told that Van de Plas didn’t seen. At the Koningsplein Zuid(South) no 8 we could read “Headquaters U.S.Dept.404 “ and the USA flag flow (now the USA Ambassy-auth)(SW,1946)
(6) Dai Nippon Java prestamped 31/2 cent postcard postally used from CDS Solo 30.9005 to the chief of Zaisan Kanri Sikyoku at Tambaksegaran Solo, with letter that the Land (perponding)Tax (pajeg)2605/2606 haven’t paid because he haven’t recieved the Tax administration form until this day
(The best people, he always thinking of this tax paid duty, he didn’t know that the Japanese was surrender , he must write to Republic Indonesia Tax office, maybe not exist, please comment if someone have the republic Indonesia Tax form of Solo, because in Sumatra the tax always paid altough the war was went on-aut)
Page 05-October 1945
The earliest British Allied Armed Forces came to Jakarta in October 1945.
(1)Merdeka Newspaper as the newspaper after Asia Raya, had written the information“At Pendjaringan The Scot soldier had shooted many roberries “ (SW,1946)
(2) After fighting, the Dai Nippon Headquaters at Surabaya have surrendered to The Indonesian people(M,1952)
(3) The Dutch goverment announced that the suggestion of the meeting with” Sukarno government” willn’t accepted (M,1952)
(4) Very late Dai Nippon Solok (west Sumatra)Isankarisha’s agent latter to Isankanrisho (weeskamer or the official office to administratated “Warisan”) , the letter that
“Because no papers exist, the report of the new reciept of September 2605 didn’t made, “Rekening-courant”(Fiscal administration) was same with April,1st 1943/1945 (1 Gatsu 4 Nichi Djowa 20/2603 (December 2602), was no money in or out . (Very interesting and historic letter but very pity the cover wasn’t found may be burn/loss or through out from the file-auth)
.OCTOBER 2nd 1945
(1)In the night at Kramat, Senen,Tanah tinggi, Kalibaru , Bungur and Kepu area of Central Jakarta, the Indo-Dutch and Japanese have made the secret ’s patrol operations (in native language: ,”pengre-bekan” -auth) (D)
(2)TheRepublic Indonesia announced that the NICA banknotes not accepted “Tidak belaku” not circulated.(M.1952)
.October 3rd 1945
(1)Some Japanese were tried to assasinated President Soekarno, but not succeed.(D)
.October 4th 1945
(1)At Tandjong Priok harbour were landed eight ship with Australian flag with the Dutchmen as passangers(D)
(2) Dr H.J. van Mook , the chief of NICA arrived at Jakarta(M,1952)
.October 5th 1945
(1)Republic Indonesia Army, The People Security Army (TKR) Tentara Keamanan Rakyat ) were founded in this day, and Mayor Genera Oerip Sumohardjo as the chief of General staf and Soeprijadi (ex PETA rebellion Blitar) as the Minestry of security and the high command , but he never came (later this day celebrated as Indonesia armed forces day and suprijadi still mysteriuos , until now eight men confest to be Soeprijadi-auth), Vintage photo of General Oerip and ex sudanco PETA Suprijadi(D&P)
(2)Also Landed in this day three Cargo-ships and four sumarines belong to theDutch(D)
(3)Seven thousand Tandjong Priok’s Workmen “mogok” they didn’t want to served the Dutch’s Ships (D)
(4) The Battallion X soldiers started to show their “brutallity,kekejaman” at Hospital street(D)
October 7th 1945
(1)At Singapore’s discussion, Dr van Mook asked Mountbatten and Chritison took more hard actions in Indonesia (M,1952)
(2) Vintage photo of Mountbatten,Christison and Van Mooke (P)
October 8th 1945
(1)The chief ofJjakarta’s National Govern-ment order that the Jakarta’s people must protected (menjaga) the Food’s storages building .(D)
(2) TRI –Tentara republik Indonesia (republican Armed Forces) had taken Capten Huyer into custody at Surabaya( TRI wrong informations this time BKR-Bandan Keamaan rakyat- People Defeand organisation –auth .(D)
(3) British Allied Forces landed at Padang and Palembang (D)
(4)The Djawa Denki Djigyo Sha” Gas and Electricity” administration , belong to Mr Lie Soen Ho, adress Yamato Bagi Minami Doori no 159. Gas used 21 and electric used 6.10 , must pay F.8.10. the form print on old form. (D)
(1)The British armed forces (&India) , also NICA Nederland IndischeCivil Agency (&Dutch army) landed at Belawan.
Tank Pantser,and Canons were moved to Medan . The Allies armed forces were included Indian Tank Regiment. The chief Command was Brigadir General TED KELLY, the Medan city situation like in the war (the firstday British occupation Sumatra-auth) (D)
(That is why the Republic indonesia stamps cann’t exist in 1945 at Medan, but some fake & bogus postal history ever seen-auth)
(2) The photo of Indian Tank Regiment of Allies during landed in Belawan, the Indian soldier on the their tank in Medan (P)
.October 11th 1945
(1)The fighting with NICA (Netherlands Indische Civil Agency)’s soldiers at Kebajoran, Klender, Tjawang (jatinegara-auth), Pondokgede and Pasar minggu
And the vintage photo of Pasar minggu train railways station (D&P)
(2) The fight between TKR-tentara Keamaan rakyat (republic army, this true because BKR wad changed to be army ,TKR in 5 October 1945 -auth) with the youngmen against Allies and NICA at Magelang, before defeated, Allies made the meeting , and agree to cease fire and all the road between Ambarawa and Magelang will open to Allies and Republican and there willn’t done anything against the NICA activities. (D)
.October 12th 1945
(1)In this day the sporadic Battles also at gang Kernolong and Gang Listrik of Kramat area(D)
October 13th 1945
The British allies landed at Padang and Medan, and occupied Bandung.(M,1952) (their was differrent date with another sources informations before at Oct.10th, what was the true date , please comment-auth)
.October 14th 1945
The Five days Battle of Semarang have begun between The Republican youngmen with the Dai Nippon ,(D)
October 15th 1945
(1)The Japanese made teror movement to Indonesia peoples at Semarang, they burn houses especially at Batik & Suburan village etc. The Indonesia youngmen fighted against the japanese and the five days Semarang war was begun.(There were two version of Semarang five days war were written by Indonesian and British, but we didn’t discussed the detailed, you can found that in the book or another block, please attention that the very rare document and postal history at this war, if someone have it please inform us-auth.(D)
(2) The Kido Butai (Dai Nippon) “AMOK” at Semarang (M,1952)
(3) The Battle of Semarang were the fight to keep the Japanese weapons by The Youngmen . the Japanese “Amok” and teror (mengacau) in the city.Many the Hospital workers including the chief Dr Karyadi were died. Governor of the central Java, Mr Wongsonegoro was be prisoner by the Japanese . The people and Youth around Semarang city erected and counter , the battle were begun.(Bahar,1983)
(4) The vintage photo of Mr Wongsonegoro, gouvenour of Central Java (P)
(5) The battle with Kido Butai Semarang were heard by the youngmen from another area, that is why youngmen poured from Purwodadi, Solo, Jogja, Magelang,Salatiga, Amnarawa ,Banyumas, Kendal, Pekalongan, Putwkerto and arounds area .
The counter attacks were prepair at Technical school at Karren street (now Dr Cipto) , but Governor Wongso were arrestted by the Japanese, and he puss by the Japanese to annouced the cease fire.(D)
(1) The Dutch ‘s Ship were carriaged 250 Indonesians native from Australia with 1000 Dutch soldiers landed at Tandjong Priok( I have some collections of the Dutch armed forces in Australia during Dai Nippon Occupation,e.g Papua-brisbane Dutch soldier emergencey pasport via papua and Brisbane to their camp atCasino New South Wales and another historic collections , look at the next info “KNIL, the Netherlands Indie armed forces ,before,during and after World War II- auth )(D)
(2) TheFirst complete Central Comittee National Indonesia (KNPI) meeting,KNI have found the power of executive and legislative. Working board(Badan Pekerja)for everyday operational were builded with the command of Syahril as the chief and Mr amir Sjarifuddin as the vice with tweleve members( Maklumat X of NRI) (M,1952)
(3) Sutan Sjahrir and Amir Sjarifuddin take over Central Indonesia Nsational Comittee (KNIP) and Sjaheir became Prime Menistry of the Republic.( Sujatmiko had told the story about this moment , Sukarno after several days disappear, this day was standing between two kind of menistry, the first one with ex Japanese collaburator and the second on collaburator, Sukarno then choosed non collaburator’s parliamentary cabinet. The Youngmen said that all the Japanese’s collaburator will punished as the war criminal -auth)
(4) Very late used Hudoosan Kanrikoodan Bandung branch with imprint revenue letter sheet 15 cent 1945, as the recieved F 13.25 , issued Oct 4th o5 and paid 16/10-95 .(very rare postal history, because the letter sheet revenue 2605 not many found in usec condition during the Bandung battle times, have anyone have the same collections please comment-auth)
(1)Van Mook send a telegram to Dutch government urging that negotiation with the Republic (D)
(2)NoelBaker announced that British didn’t accepted another power beside DUTCH (M,1952)
(3) Bung Hatta didn’t accepted the cooperation with Dutch(M,1952)
(4) The Receipt (kwitansi) certificate from KNI Koedoes money F 230,-for buying the things were used during Indonesian Independence commemorative 17.10.1945(Two month independence-auth) with Dai Nippon 15 cent Revenue (Historic postal history-auth)
(1)Japanese troops secure Semarang before hand over that city to British (D)
(2) The reciept document to paid the maubeluer 15 pieces F 1750, with Dai Nippon Java revenue 15 cent,at Magelang.
(Magelang in this day still under Dai nippon administration-auth)
October 19th 1945
(1)Allied armed forces were accapted by the Republic army (BKR) because the allied have Politically announced that they only administrated the perisoner of war and Japanese army without any movement against the Republic Indonesia.( This situation were ordered by the Republic Indonesia Government due to the political tactic of the Allies’s annouced that they have statement that “ De Facto Indonesia Government”-auth)
The first Contact between Governor Java, Wongsonegoro with General Bethel from Allies as Commandant of the Central java Allied forces , Indonesia will served allied with foods and everyday things, and the allied will done their duty without interference the Republic Indonesia.
After this the allies could moved to Magelang trough Ambarawa, but the allies have made bad situasions because the NICA’s also came with them. The Nicas released the Dutch internees that concentratated in that city, especially Ambarawa. Many ex internees work back at their old position and the Native Indonesian people become angry.(D)
(2) The Working’s agreement certificate for work at Indonesia Malaya branch office Surabaya, with One and half Roepiah Dai Nippon Revenue .(the unusal high nominal Dai Nippon Java revenue was very late used in Surabaya, during that time the situation very worst- auth)
(1)The last day of five days Semarang war, many were died, the victim of Indonesia people 2000, and Japanese 850.(D)
(There were special book that told the detailed about Semarang five days war, but not dicussed on this block. But if someone want the detailed information, please asked the editor on comment form, and we will dicuss in as a special request-auth)(D)
(2) President (Sukarno) send telegram to President Truman about the NICA Terors who used the US’s uniform, guns and trucks .(M,1952)
(3) The inagurated the Top command of Indonesia ‘s People Security Menistry: Menistry ad interm Moehamad Soeljodikoesoemo ( because Soeprijadi very long time didn’t shoe himself), The high leader Soeprijadi,the Chief of General Staf: Mayor General Oerip Soemodihardjo .(M,1952)
(1)The 250 native- Indonesians who came from Australia were put at the Battallion X-camp.(D)
(2) KRIS was born from The Indonesian Sulawesi Youngmen forces(D)
October 23th 1945
(1)Under British pressure , Van Mook had a meeting with Sukarno (D)
(2) Japanese Admiral Shibata surrender Surabaya to Dutch, but hands over his weapons to Republicans . Many japanese troops were destroyed by the Republican youth.(D)
(3) The meeting between Sukarno and Christison. (M,1952)
(4) The Republic Indonesia government announced that NRI will aggreed to have a meeting with all block on the basic to decide their own way of life (Nasib sendiri) .(M,1952)
October 25th 1945
(1)British 49th Indian Infantry under Brigardir General Mallaby arrived at Surabaya (D)
(2) British landed at Semarang (M,1952)
(3) The vintage photo of the meeting between Christison and Sukarno in this day . Sukarno said that NRI government will accepted peace with their ownself to decide (P)
October 26th 1945
(1)Reaching Magelang on this day, the Allied troops took over the town. Almost at once conflict developed over the behavior of certain Dutchmen attachewd to RAPWI and a boycott wasorganizred in reprisal by local youngmen(Pemuda),(D)
(1)The Battallion disembarked . most of the battalion went in transport to the Marine school in the south east part of the city. Leutnant COL. Doyle detached “B” COMPANY TO PROTECT Brigade head-quaters.
When the bulk of the battalion arrived at the school, a platoon was detached to protect the radio station in that area “ the communication officer is critical of this move and the deployment of the brigade as a whole at this time “
The rising of violence was so manifest that he (Mallaby) must have recognized that a crisis was developing. The troops in the isolated positions should have been withdrawn into their surrounded by mobs and destroyed. Even the last battalion of the brigide 4 –approximately 1/3 rd of the brigide strength –arrivingon t5he very day of the rising , instead of being held back to reserve and consequently being available to affect the situation, was despatched to the far far end of town where it was just in time to be surrounded and trapped like the rest of the brigade.
In addition to not altering the disposition of his troops. Mallaby did nothing to moltify indonesian opinion in the ground despite the fact that the dropping of the leaflets had, at the very least, exposed the British to a charge of bad faith on the contrary, he seems to have provocative.(if someone have the leaflet please inform us ) (D
(5) British aerplane drop leaflets on Surabaya demanding the Republican Armed Forces’s surrendered within 24 hours.(I havan’t seen the leaflets,please somene show us-auth)
(6) British troops on the ground are nearly destroyed by Indonesian troops and ordinary people’s mobilizations(The people’s powers -auth)
(1)The day after the dropping of the leaflet, Mallaby set about repositioning indonesia vehicles in a heavy-handed manner.
This is recorded in the Brigade war diaries :” COL. Pogh commanding sub area ( presumably acting on Mallaby,s order) ordered each battaliond 3 IND Fd Regt to stop and sieze 17 car each. Indonesian occupant very angry , the indonesian response is also recalled by Colonel Doyle.
The Indonesian had apperenty agree to hand over cars , and when those were not quickly provided , British troops were sent into the streets , stopped….. cars at random , removed the occupants and took posse-sions. The british soldier was very disturbed when he heard of this action and even now after all these year they found it difficult to believe that their acted in this way, you can imagine the news of this action, enlarged and distorted, went eddying throught the street.
The same day, the British began the evacuation of women and children from the camp at Goebeng to Dharmo Barracks, where thery could be properly looked after prior to their evacuation. It is questionable hoe sensible this was given that the ubderstanding between british and indonesian had broken down and that unrest was likely. There was a vary real danger that the women and children would be attacked by Indonesian “Republic”.
A rumour was circulated in the villages that Moestopo, whom the British still could not find, had been murdurer by the British.
Indonesian troops moved into position, covering each british position with a superiorforce. Members of black buffaloes , as indonesian paramilitery (laskar) group.
Went around what indian troops would do to them, indonesia civillian were organized into group, each of which was ordered to go to it allowqed station when the time shoul come.
At 4,20 pm, shots were fire south of simpang. The british regarded that at the pre-arranged signal for the fighting to begin. All over surabaya , british possition were attacked. Many british officers have recalled the movement when openhostility finally abrupted.(D)
.(2) The Surabaya’s people fighting with British troops and the command of the Allied forces was Brigadir General Mallaby(M,1952)
________________________________________ October 29th
(1)Sukarno and Hatta arrived in Surabaya by plane . They and Brig. Gen Mallaby agrree on a truce.(D)
(2) President Sukarno , Vive president Hatta and Menister Amir Sjariffudin flyed to Surabaya in order to stop the battle, and cease fire . In the Battle of Surabaya show to front the youngmen Sutomo (Bung Tomo).
(1)British Mayor General Hawtorn fly to Surabaya from Jakarta , and he sign cease fire agreement with Sukarno and Mallaby.
(2)Under the influence of events in Surabaya , figting broke in Semarang and spread rapidilly to Magelang.
Fearing the possibility of an Allied strike into the hear land of the Jogjakarta-Surakarta plain, Indonesian armed forces bands began pouring into the outskirts of Magelang from the South. Only repeat air strikes from Semarangprevented the Gurkha from overwhelmed.
(3)In This Emergency , the British felt they had no recourse, but to “the report on the Semarang Incident” says that the group was under the command of Captain Takeshita and was on in way to an internement camp prior to repatriation.(D)
(4) Indonesian armed forced and the Youngmen “laskar” activities in and around Magelang reinforcement poured in especially from Kedu,Jogjakarta and Banjumas.(D)
(5)Mac Donald and Mallaby, reporting on his morning’s finding.he told how he worried everything was so quiet .
(6)The vintage photo General Mallaby and Dr Sugiri sat on the front of his car(P), and he was killed in the center of riot at the front of Internatio building near the red bridge (Jembatan merah) Surabaya.(Bahar,1983) The vintage photo of Mallaby broken car(P)
(7) General Christison asked the Surabaya government to surrendered the men who killed Mallaby to the Allies.(Bahar,1983)
October 31 th 1945
(1) Unofficial meeting between Sukarno-Hatta with van Mook-van der Plast, Idenberg at Christison’s place to exchange of Idea (D)
(2)The Djakarta,s Situation in September and October 1945 (Star Weekly Magazine no. 42, 21 october 1946,page 18-19)
(2))Situation Djakart October-November 1945 with much blood from innocent peoples.
(b)The murder in secret places like near Gang Sentiong, Menteng Poelo and Gang Sembilan,( in 1946 have found the murdered bodies in this site-auth)
(c)The October was opened by the fighting between native citizen Indonesia, Ambon, menado with Nippon especially around Senen-Tanah Tinggi because the feeling of suspect (curiga) and hate up to the top.
The House became the shield and street became fighting area.Everybody who cross will examined and if suspacted the “golok” were flying and blood were flowed or poured (mengalir)
(d)In the afternoon , the youngmen had stoped and taken (beslag) the Japanese and Indo-Dutch car at Pasar Baroe
(e)The youngmen had the power in the Jakarta, it’s better to stay at home.
(f)The Ambonese, Indo and manado have evacuated / moved from Senen-Tanah Tinggi to Battallion X where they were stayed temporally.In the market they were forbidden to buy anything by the youndmen, and the traders asked them to ask their helper to buy the food etc.
(g)To make difference, the Indonesia youngmen used the National Cap “Kopiah” with red-white pin especially the men’s face near like Ambon or Indo ( the youngmen didn’t like them because before the WW II , many Indo and Ambonese became the Dutch east Indie ‘s soldiers-auth)
(h)In this worst situation, no one could told who was the Government, there only Government’s Candidate. Thefirst : British army’s Government , but they didn’t announced anything against the murderer and arrested .They only guarded the city, but only in the center area and crossed road only (prapatan) and in that area their policey was nothard.(lembek). They became more hard when one British was killed at Angke. The second candidate, Japanese, altough they were surrendered, in their hand still have the power (Restant/sisa). The third candidate : Indonesia, now they had the power on the japanese later’s offices . The fourth candidate Dutch under Van Der Plaas. They have week powers, and they were afraid to flow their flag .In this time four powers in one city of Jakarta.
(i)All the day from morning to night the red-white Indonesia’s flag were flown everywhere in Jakarta.
(j)In the front of South Koningsplein street’s building (now Merdeka selatan) flowed three Flag: British, Dutch and USA , the Allies Headquaters
(3)In order to had the balance power with the Allied in Semarang, All the national potential ( TKR=tentara keamanan Rakyat, & Badan Lasykar Djawa Tengah) were moved to fight against Allied forces at semaran
CHRONOLOGY COLLECTION December 1945
Dec.1st: The earliest Dai Nippon Postal stationer card 31/2 cent used at Blora (east java ) Post office by Republican with CDS-post cancelled with International date 1.12.45 not in Dai Nippon date 05, also Chinese overseeas Blora had written indonesia national Independence greeting ” SALAM MERDEKA” this card send to Parakan to tell that he have recieved the latter and thank you.
Dec. 3rd :Mr Longemaan, Dutch colonial menister , announced that Dutch kingdom will meeting NRI prime minister St Syahrir , but our didn’t excepted with President Sukarno.
Dec.4th : Prime minister St Syahril annouced that the meeting with Dutch gouverment only if Dutch execpted State of Republic Indonesia in facct and Justice.
Dec.5th : a. The British allied forces leave Banjoebiroe village at central Java due to the situation that they cann.t defend themself against the NRI troops attacked . Ambarawa were surrounded by Republican,s troops and many Allies forces dropped with parachutes rom airfighter to the Republican area. b. At singapura , there were meeting between Admiral Lord Mounbatten , Let.Gen. Christison and Dr H.J. van Mook to take the strong attacked in order to stabilized the worse security situation in Java and give back the authority to Dutch east indie Gouverment (that time called “NICA” Netherlands Indie civil Agency-auth) . Banjoebiroe Fort occupied by the Republic Indonesia People army(laskar).
Dec.8th : Bogor attacked by British Allied forces with NICA soldier.
Dec.9th. : Republican troops occupied Semarang Airport “Kalibanteng” that is why the allied forces couldn’t dropped troops and amunition etc to battle area around Ambarawa ,and this situation made Allied forces became weaker . Soekaboemi ,s bombardement .
Dec.11th : a. Colonel Sudirman ‘s meeting with the Republican Armies ‘s commanders in order to prepared the Ambarawa Liberation General attack (Serangan Umum-very popular among Indonesian) . b. The Indonesian Poeple Security Army (TKR_Tentara keamanan Rakjat) had succeed to protect the British Food convoy from Jakarta to Bandung.
De.12th : The General Ambarawa Liberation attacked strating at 4.30 pm in this day with Sudirman coordination. Col Sudirman order to made Road Barricade between Semarang and Ambarawa in order to prevent Allied reinforcement form semarang . The Allies borbardement the village around Ambarawa but didn’t succeed to help Allied forces March across Tuntang River.
De.13th :a.The battle between Indonesian people with British army at Bekasi at Bekasi and that city was flamming by British armies. b. Many Tebingtinggi(North sumatra) people army (Laskar) attacked Dai Nippon offices there in order to find the guns , but they didn;t succeeed , many died shooted by the dai Nippon soldiers.
Dec.14th : The first Republican Cancelled CDS Padang REP. Indonesia 14.12.45 on Postal saving book , this the earliest Republican postmark at Padang west sumatra.
Dec.15th . The British allied forces leaving Ambarawa back to Semarang and republican armies marched into the city ( Sudirman became the hero of Ambarawa battle, and later he were choose to The highest command of Indonesia National Armed Forces-auth)
Dec.17th British allied forces burned Bekasi
Dec.18th Col Sudirman was choosen by all Indonesian regional commander to be The Highest Command (Panglima Besar) of republic Indonesia TKR (People Secured Army) and his rank up to General . Dr H.J. van Mook arrived at Netherlands in order to the meeting with his Government about Polical action against Indonesia.
Dec.24th Agrreement between TKR and British Allied Forces about APWI (Allied Prisoner od War Indonesia) action against Dai Nippon’s POW. The earliest Republic Indonesia postal used cover send withs CDS Sawahloento ( west sumatra) Rep. Indonesia 24.12.45 to Padang with overprint repoebelik Indonesia on DN overprint DEI Stamps kon 10 cent(triple overprints) .
Dec.25th Solo(Soerakarta) developed RED People army (Laskar Merah) .
Dec 26th Dutch NICA (Netherlands Indies Civil Agency) Soldier tried to kill prime menister St.Syahril , but didn’t succeed.
Dec 27th The London meeting between British and Netherland about Indonesian situasion. The Badan pekerja KNIP (Center Indonesia National Comittee -worker ) choosen the president(ketua) KNIP Mr Soepeno, vice : m.Natsir, and secretary Mr Sjafroedin Prawiranegara.
Dec 29th : British allied army have take over the gun(melucuti) of Indonesia National Police (POLRI) at jakarta
Dec.30th : 800 Dutch Marine landing at Tandjong Priok Batavia(Jakarta) and they marched in the center of the city (Photo-IPPHOS)
The illustration of collections, please look at ” Indonesia Independence war revenue or postal History(1945)’n this blog. @copyright Dr Iwan S.2011.