CHAPTER ONE – DAI NIPPON RECAPITULATION JAVA – In March 2002 – Before, During and After
2.1.1 JANUARY 1942
1) MADIOEN POSTAL “GEOPEND DOOR SENCORED “opened by sencored (POSTAL HISTORY, FROM MADIOEN TO BATAVIA 5.1.42)
2)MALANG,EAST JAVA POSTAL NOT SENCORED(POSTAL HISTORY.28.1-42)
3) Officail Free of Port native letter from Semarang Inspectuer of Finace CDS 30.1.42 in city postally used not sencored (Postal History,30th)
4) DEI Change of Adress card (Kartoe Pindah) dancer 2 cent, postally used from Soerabaja 29.1.42 in city. Rare used card,because many of this card overprint by Dai Nippon at Sumatra, and very short used after Dai Nippon Capitulation in 1942, after april 1943 all DEI with Dutch Character forbidden to used.
2.1.2 FEBRUARY 1942
1) JAVA TRADITIONAL CLUB MEETING POSTPONED,POSTAL CIRCULAIRE KRIDO REKSO WIROMO JACATRA BRACH. NOT SENCORED, BATAVIA – CENTRUM (POSTAL HISTORY ,FEB.3.1942)
2) ,Official C7 Contol Card with DEI Konijnenberg 10 cent CDS Batavia centrum, 11.2.42 . This Card belong to Indonesian Medical Doctor Sjofian Rassat later he became the dean Of Indonesian University medical Faculty,valid until Feb 1944(postal history , 11th)
3) DAI NIPPON AIRCRAFT ATTACKED JAVA; BOGOR,SEMPLAK,ANDIR BANDUNG(DAIRY,FEB.19).
4) THE DUTCH REGENT , GENERAL TJARDA VAN STARKENBORGH AND ARMY STAF CHIEF TER PORTEN HAVE MOVED TO BANDUNG. (DAIRY,FEB .19th)
(5) DAI NIPPON AIRCRAFT ATTACK JAVA AIRPOT, KEMAJORAN BATAVIA, SEMPLAK AND KALIDJATI (DAIRY,FEB 24th)
5) JAVA SEA WAR , THE DUTCH AND ALLIED WARSHIP BURNED De Ruyter ,Java,Kortnaer,and broken & Sunk during voyage to Australia in Sunda strait. HMS Electra and Jupiter,
2.1.2 MARCH 1942
1)DAI NIPPON LANDING AT JAVA’S SHORE UNDER COMMAND LEU-TENANT GENERAL HITOSI IMMAMURA, THE THE ARMY XVITH CHIEF, THE 2ND ARMY DEVISION COMMAND BY Mayor general Maruyama, 48th Devision Command by Mayor General Tsuchihashi, Brigade command by Mayor General Sakaguchi and Resimen command by Colonel Shoji.
The Landing area Banten shore at Merak, Kranggan Rembang, Eretan Wetan Indramyu .
The attack’s rute, Merak-Serang-Rangkasbitung-Leuwiliang-Buitenzorg (Bogor) -Kragilan-Tangerang-Batavia
The allied Army warship broken at Sunda straight: USS Houston,HMS Perth; Broken in Java Sea during escaped to Surabaya: HMS Exeter and USS Pope, (Dairy, March 1st)
2) BATAVIA CITY OCCUPYED BY DAI NIPPON ARMY(dairy,March .4th)
3) DUTCH EAST INDIE GURVERNOUR GENERAL CHANGE FROM TJARDA TO Van MOOK WHO STAYED AT Australia, Military COMMAND GENERAL TER PORTEN (DAIRY, MARCH.4 th)
4)DAI NIPPON MILITARY OCCUPYED
SERANG ,KALIDJATI AND CIATER( DAIRY.MARCH.5th)
5) DAI NIPPON OCCUPYIED BATAVIA (DAIRY,MARCH,5th)
This evening Batavia city was fallen to Dai Nippon Military Forces, during that time I have seen the student still learned in the room (now Art Faculty ‘s library) , and in The front room I saw Prof Soepomo with batik ”sarong and java head cup”Blankon”. In the truck Prof Bernet Kempers,Prof Waltheim say hello with up their hand. All the Dutch, British and Australia put in jailed AS APRISONER OF WAR(POW) .(dairy,March,8th)
2.2 DURING RECAPITULATION
2.2.7 MARCH 8th 1942
THE FIRST MEETING NOT SUCCEED ,FORBIDDEN TAKE PHOTOS ,ONLY PAINTING(NIGHT)
General Immamura didn,t want to made a meeting to Ex Gouvenpr General Tjarda. He only want to meet the DEI Regent who have the legitameted official powers.
2.2.2 MARCH 9TH 1942
THE SECOND MEETING SUCCEED WITH THE SERIAL PHOTOS (MORNING)
One PM Nippon Time, at Kalidjati Military airpost near Subang west Java.
The Capitulation meeting between General Immamura and staf with DEI Army General Ter PORTEN WITH STAF WERE SUCCEED, THEY HAVE TAKEN SOME PICTURE , BUT THE CAPI-TULATIUON DOCUMENT WERE LOST NOT FOUND UNTIL THIS DAY, THAT IS WAY WE DON’T KNOW THE MATERIAL WRITEN IN THE CAPI-TULATION (DAIRY,MARCH 8th) ,
2.3. AFTER RECAPITULATION
2.3.1 APRIL-DECEMBER 1942
1) APRIL-JULY 1942
(1)DUTCH MARINE NOT SURRENDER AND STILL MADE A RECOMANDA-TION’S LETTER (DOCUMENT 1 st)
(2)NO POSTAL ADMINISTRATION in Java until 4th April 1942 (POSTAL HISTORY,Bandoeng FEB 27th ,recieved Tjiandjoer Feb.27.42 , NOT FOUND THE ADDRESS , return to sender from TJIANDJOER April. 4th return to Bandoeng.
(3)RECEIPT OF buying Papers of Lindeteves Stokvis (Dutch bigger Store) Surabaya with Dutch Indie revenue(POSTAL HISTORY,3 th)
(4) DAI NIPON MILITARY OVERTOON ,revenue 15 cent Dutch East Indie. AT Malang 14.4.1942 , Dai Nippon Calender notyet used.
The Dutch character “Ollanda jang berlakoe di Hindia Nederland” was overprint manual with” Balatentara Dai Nippon” THE EARLIEST DAINIPPON MILITARY USED ON OFFICIAL DOCU-MENT TWO WEEKS AFTER DECAPI-TULATION ( RARE POSTALHISTORY ,APRIL ,14th)
(5)DEI Radio Liscence, renewed with Dai Nippon postal circulaired date stamped , ONLY COULD HEAR ONE CHANEL.DAI NIPPON (Postal History):
(a) Situbondo 15.5.42.(still Euro calender)
(b)Soerabaja 23.5.02 ( the earliest used of Nippon’s calender)
(6)SURABAYA TELEPHONED ‘S BILLS with Dutch East Indie revenue CANN’T PAID BECAUSE THE OWNER HAVE MOVED( POSTAHISTORY,28 th)
(1)POSTAL ADMINISTRATION BEGUN.
CHOKIN KYOKU ( DN POSTAL SAVING) BEGUN OPERATIONS.(postal history,MAY. 3 th)
(a) Chokin Kyoku form
(b) Choki Kyoku stamp
(c) Chokin Kyoku card(Kartoe Taboengan Pos)
(2)Bandung, Receipt of diamond (Berlian) transactions.140 Rp, with Dutch East Indie revenue.(2nd)
(3)A Letter send from Bandung to Semarang BUT NO comunication and information ( notes on postcard ,16 th)
(4) Soerabaja Tax office ,Dutch and Indonesia char form , Fee Tax ,native paper. (document,29 th)
(1) TRAVELLING FROM BANDUNG TO TEGAL WITH DAI NIPPON PASPORT ,notes on postcard (postal history. 11st)
(2) Electricity Receipt, still used Dutch East Indie Company, N.V. Algemen Nederlandsch –Indische Electrisiteit Maatscappij (documet,26 th)
(1)Receipt of Buying Man Bicycle DVB , 26 Rupiah , used DEI revenue .(postal history,7th)
(2)THE Dai Nippon Revenue sheet combined 2602-Zegel van Ned.Indie ,not list in Voose ‘ Revenue Catalogue, very rare , LETTER OF FINISHING SCHOOL(Soerat Tamat Beladjar), The low technical school of Magelang(Sekolah Pertoekangan)-the earliest Dainippon Revenue Sheet form (Postal History,10 th.)
(3) Chinese book, with Dai Nippon permission for book’s product learns Chinese Kuo You without teacher vol 1 and 2 July,11th 2602 with Dai Nippon Choped “ pada tanggal 11 Djoeli 2620, telah diizinkan menerbitkan boekoe Kuo Yu zonder guru,djilid 1 dan 2”(document, 11th)
(1) Buying Rice 1800 kg a’ 5,90 gulden minus 4 gld per kwintal from Pasoeroean.
Meeting with Mr Kayama about Soya and rice for Dai Nippon Military (dairy,1 st)
(2) Private Postcard with 31/2 cent Karbouw DEI Stamps , CDS Poerwodadi-Grobokan, 3.8.02 , to Semarang about send the coconut- coal 3 tjikar-Traditional horse-car -55 keranjang (rattan box) The earliest Nippon calender used postal circulare Date stamped (postal history,3 th)
(3)Soap and coconut oil from MJ Formosa must sold retailed due to Mr Soerejadi Telphone. (dairy,6 th)
(4) All Rice send by IRA ship must had Permission, according bto Mr Soedjono (dairy,8th)
(5)DEI Postcard without DN Overprint, sand from small village Pakis-Guntyo, DIE Round type House of Delivery (Rumah Pos) handstamped and CDS Maoes.11.8.02.( Rare postal History.11st)
(6)Must made new license of permission to send Rice from Dai Nippon Civil Bondowoso, old Permission not Accept(dairy,15 th)
(6)Magazine “Pandji Poetaka” 15 Agoestoes 2602 tahoen XX (document,15 th)
(a) Ephemera: 8 items
(b) Photo:28 item
(c) Special Informations
(d) comic:Nasroen;Nachoda Goma.
(7) Conference with Military-office Guntyo Majong, about the things from Dai Nippon with Mr Soeharto from Rambipoedji(Dairy, 17 th)
(8) All Basoeki-Syuu conference at Bondowoso (dairy-18 th)
(9) Recieved from Mr Kho 20 Blik for Bondowoso and 15 blik(container) for Soerabaya based on Mr Kafrawi Interlocal. Adn Paperi asked Kaoes beslahan , soap 9 wooden box, 4 for Bondowoso and 5 for Djoerangsapi(dairy.20th)
(1) DEI Postcard 31/2 cent send from Bandoeng 3.9.02 to Soerabaia, about the technical work in Ice Fabrique Isamu had finished and oprational, asking peremisiion to cameback to Soerabaya(3th)
(2)SOAP PRODUCT MUST REPORT WHEN,WHERE,HOW MUCH AND THE PRICE OF Soap to the “Controleur” (diary, 11th)
(3)Kem Pei Tai (DAI NIPPON MILITARY POLICE), asked the property of Hai Kyu Kumiai Ima PPRD (the Dai Nippon Distributions Board), and I prepared the administration until 1 PM, and send to City Police via their police Agent bring to Bondowoso with train 7 AM tomorrow(diary,15th)
(4) Dai Nippon Miltary Tax Office (Kantor Pendaftaran Padjak Pemerintah Balatentara Dai Nippon, NO FREE POSTAL, SEND WITH DEI stamp dancer 5 cent , CDS Soerabaia 24.10.02.
(Postal History ,24th)
(5)Conference with Mr Suzuki and Mr Controleur about the Soap and Coconat oil for train’s members .(dairy,26th)
(1)”Benang’ only sold idepend on the list of “Jahitan”,without list forbidden to sld(dairy,1 st)
(2)Mr Han Oen Koei, Dowo Malang Bireou, sold Sardines , Singer nails, “Benang”Elephant and Anchor markand Tomato sauoce(dairy.7th)
(3)Conference with Your Majesty Ken Tyo (the chief of Office) and Sumo BU Tyo about HK and IMA PPPR, Soap distribution.(dairy,15th)
(4)Telephone from Bondowoso about Rikuyu(train transportation) and Zizuka cigarete were send to Djoerangsapi.(dairy,27 th)
(1)Rikuyu(Train transportation) fee 6-7 cent per 100kg, and 6 cent for the Bagage pulling to HK , because it nearly from station .(dairy,7th)
(2)Receipt of the bus travel ‘s from Solo-Semarang go-return, 55,15 Rp with handchoped more than one hours much paid f.50 per hours.15 cent for revenue ,used the Dai Nippon PlakZegel.Solo 9.11.02 , the first combine type betwen Dai Nippon and DEI.(postal history .9th)
(3)conference wit Mr Machmoed from Djati Stree, about the Horse from Bima.the famous horse’s milk (dairy, 18th)
(4)To Bondowoso and came to Your mayesty Koro for introduce myself. Why this day, because I am very busy because to much work.
Mr Koro, asked how much HK margins trade,I anwered about1700 gulden minus operational cost 10.000 gulden= 700 gulden.
Mr Koro asked don’t give to Much for the “Andil”Bonds qwners, give the 12 %, and some give to help national disaster like float or to “Jarak” and “Kapas” plantation which need to product “kain”.
During War didn’t need tomuch tade’s margin, but The Chnese and Arabic trader didn’t like it.
I have told MR Koro, that I was forced to work by Kentyo Djoerang-sapi because before I am a freeman( diary,20th)
(5) Books,Pictures and dagger was took by Mr Yaku and Kaneko from Kam Pei Tai was (dairy,30th)
(1)Three Nippon asked the Keys of Storage building,one with Uniform, and they pulled two picture and another picture they putted in the dark room.(dairy,5th)
(2) The chief of Djoerangsapi Middle School, Mr Moebangio report that he have an order from Bondowoso to use HK Building for upgrade the school.(dairy, 10th)
(3)A Letter from KedoengLoemboe, 14.12.2602, with Kedungloemboe Azatyo official handchoped, about the new pikoekoeh ‘s letter(14th)
(4)Official Dai Nippon “Balai Pengoreoesan Peroesahan Tenoen “ Priangan Syuu Bandung asked to filled the Income fee form , postally used DEI stamps without DN overprint 2x Dancer 5 cent, CDS Bandoeng 2.12.02(postalhistory,2nd)
(5 )Cover from Tekisan-kanribu-Chosaka (Enemies property Board) Batavia, send with DEI stamps Danser without ovrprint 5.12.02 with Dai Nippon sencored chopped to the Netherlands Famale association (Ned.Vrouwenbond) Djakarta, but didn’t found , send back to sender.(postal history, 5 th).
(6) The Letter of Dai nippon official lend the card, Opel Olympia 1938, belong to Hade isdafran, with Ozawa-sho chop. About the car’s lend, look at The Dai Nippon order no.31. date 24.8.03. (document,31th).
the end @copyright Dr Iwan Suwandy 2011