THE RARE BUTTERFLIES COLLECTIONS
@copyright Dr Iwan S 2010
My profile during catching the Butterflies in West Sumatra 1975
THE VERY RARE NEVER REPORT BUTTERFLY I HAVE CATCHED AT WEST SUMATRA, BECAUSE NO NAME, I GIFT THE ENTHOMLOGY NAME OF THE BRUTTERFLIE BELOW :
T R O I D E S T W H I T E H E A D DrIWAN S.
A.Dr IWAN S ADVENTURED TO CATCH THE BUTTERFLIES
1.Between 1975-1979 during my job at Solok city,every sunday I with all my family visit my father and mother in law at Padang Panjang. After my two sons playing with Tok In -my mother in law housekeeping, I and my wife Lily take a sport at the beautiful Anai Valley because my father in law have a restaurant there and
I saw a Japaneseman catcher the butterflies there with mthern net and he told me that in that place there were some very rare butterflies, and I made the traditinal catcher from Bamboo and ring from copper wire with the net from gordijn
(look at the picture of Anei valley with my father in law profile and his restaurant)
a.THE RESTAURANT AND ANAI WATERFALL VINTAGE PHOTO 1976
2. After four years , I have catched some veryrare butterflies and I made the photos and conservated that butterflies but in 10 years all the collections were broken because not god weather and conservations,but the informations picture still keep until now and we will compare with the veryrare butterflies collections of Mr W.A. Fleming in his vintage Book Butterflies of West Malaysia and Singapore ,the same area with West Sumatra.This book I bought at Michaels Bookshp,22 rchad Road,Cold Strage Shopping Centre Singapore during visit that city in 1974, I THINK THIS SHOP DIDNOT EXIST ANYMORE.Please collectors comment..
After 1979, forbidden to catched the butterflies in that area because protect by law at the restricted area until now.
Very fresh and healthy air and wheater there made me very happy ,and take a delicious native Minangkabau Rice Chicken randang which I still remember until now,this time the restaurant have sold after my father and mther in law were pass away.
During the last bigger eartquaked in 2009 these area still in good situation not broken.
3. During my Job tour area in South Celebes between 1995-1996 ,one of my junior officer ,the native celebes, bring me to Butterflies conservations at Bantimurung Waterfalls, and he bought for me as a present some rare butterflies which still intact in my collections, we will compare with the picture in vintage Protected Butterflies In Indonesia Books 1990.
Many of very rare South celebes and Papua I have found at Bantimurung ,very difficult to found now, I keep with best conservations which made the collections still intact.
Please the collectors look that very rare butterflies in next chapter .
4. During the 50th years anniversary of Indonesian Independent Days in 1965, at the native stands I bought some very rare Butterflies from the native West Java conservations.
B. THE VERY RARE BUTTERFLIES CATCHED BY Dr IWAN S IN WEST SUMATRA 1975-1978.
ANAI VALLEY PADANGPANJANG
Dr iwan S Anai Valley and waterwall west Sumatra painting 1939
a. The road and Railway brigde at Anai valley
b. Anai Valley Waterfall Painting
a1. Family Papilionidae
(1) Trogonoptera Brookiana
2. AT PADANG SIBUSUK SAWAHLUTO-SIJUNJUNG
In the hill near this village , I found the nest of the Bird Fying Butterflies in the family of Papilionidae, genus Troides, many types never report from the small until bigger types , during this time I bring my elder son Albert with me during my dury tours to Sawahlunto and sijunjung Indonesia National Police Resort between 1976-1978.
( from the vintage books there were twenty subspesies troides,
(1) Troides hyplitus hiplitus
(2) Troides amphrysus: amphrysus,miranda,cuneifera,andromache
(3) Troides helena : helena,oblngmaculatus,darsius,riedelli,vandepoli,halipron,criton,
plato, aecus,minos,rhadamantus,plateni and dohertyl.
(4) Troides magellanus: magelanuss, prattorum.
(please Mr Hunianto,help me to search the name of troides I have found at Padang Sibusuk sawahlut Sijunjung west sumatra. may be new subspecies which be in my name,thankyou.Dr Iwan s)
D. THE VERYRARE BUTTERFLIES FOUND AT BANTIMURUNG SOUTH CELEBES IN 1997.
1. Family Papilionidae
(1) Ordo Lepidoptera
F. INDONESIA COLLECTORS BEST BUTTERFLIES COLLECTION
(courtecy A.H.Hunianto, kompas,mei.25th 2010)
Hunianto was the senior Indonesia butterflies collector starting from 1970 until now after he read the vintage book Vlinders van Java (the butterflies from java) written by Roepke 1935. after hunting in Java,he had hunting at Sumatra,Celebes ,Nrth Moluccas and papua, he found Papilio carna ,troides vandepolli, rnitptera priamus , at Nrth Malusca he catched Trides aescus and trides prattorum . he ever seen the very rare butterflies Papilli Lamsacus , but never seen after four month hunting (look his profile and the collections)
I hope Mr Hunianto will give me permission to installed his collectioons, if in ne week he donnot comment, I think he agree because no copyright in the Kompas newspaper.
@COPYRIGHT Dr IWAN S. 2010