THE RARE MING BUFFALO CERAMIC COLLECTIONS
Welome to RCD-Rare Ceramic Decoration
@copyright Dr Iwan S.2010
I. THE TIONGHOA ETHNIC WATER BUFFALO HISTORY
1. The Bos Bubalus or Water Buffalo which serve so well at theplough and the Mill.
2. The milk of Common Cow is sweeter than that of the Buffalo, thhough the latter is richer in cream.
3. A large bronze image of a water buffalo is to be seen n the bank of the Summer Palace lake at Beijing, being placed there in the belief that the sacred and powerful animal will repress the evil spirits that disturb the lake, rivers and seas.
4. The chinese may be didn’t eat water buffalo because they honored the Buffalo which plough the sands and Buddhist frmIndia also didn’t eat Buffalo meat.
5. During archeolgist excavation the Buffalos bones only found at te area after 1400 AD , may be this animal came frm westren because there fund the Ancient Bones .The Tartar used the Buffalo horn that came from the Middle east.
11. THE TIONGHOA ETHNIC OX HISTORY
1.The Ox (Sapi) is the emblem of Spring and Agriculture
2. The ox is the second of symbolical animals corresponding to the Tweleve Terrestrial Branches.
3. It has a rich variety of name in the Chinese language, and a special designatin in each year of growth, up to the seventh year.
4.The character of ox was said that the four dots of the presnt symbol for fish being supposed to reprsent the four leg of the Ox.
5. The creature is said to be deaf in its ears (that is why in the school alway said you are Ox to the stupid student) , but t hear with its nose.
The flesh of the Mule (eaten cow meat or beef) is sold for food, but , out of respect for the Jellow Ox (holy ox-look at the OX figurine) . Beef is not musch eaten, and its consumptin by Buddhist and Mohameddan, but Hindus prohibited for religious reasons. .
6. The meeting of the spring is farmers holiday which occur at the Slar perid knwn as Li Chun falling abut the 5th February, and it is then that the ceremnial ploughing and the beating f the spring x tkes place. this ceremonial first done during Dinasty Chou after beaten shang Dinasty 1122 BC , the buffalo had stop at 900 steps and Chiang Tzu-ya said that dinasty Chou will exist 900 years and that reeally happened.
7. The so called Spring Ox is made of clay and is beaten with sticks to stimulate the revival of spring. The detail f clur bth of ox and driver are carefully worked ut every year accrding t the astrlogical and geomatic omens. Its head and back were white, its abdomen and feet were green,it horns,leg,ears and tail were yellow.
8. Niu Mang or Mang Shen , a youth whose function is to beat the ox with a willw branch. He wore a green cat with a white belt. If the x is Jellow, the peple say that the year will be a fruitful ne, and a bumper harvest is expected. If it is red and calamity will be rife and if white mourning will be very plentiful.
III. THE TIONGHA ETHNIC FENGZUI OF MALE BUFFALO
1. The Male Buffalo as the emblem of spring time and farmers, which related with the future weater situations.
2. Male Buffalo was the Animal Zodiac number two. The male Buffalo under the Venus and didn’t bring Feng zui.(That is why very rare painting in Ming ceramic).
3. If someone built his huse starting at Friday-the buffalo day, will made the brother fighting each other and the Buried and wedding in this day will not found wealthy and the family will gne away.
4. The Male Buffalo was associated with Lao Tze ,who also ride male buffalo when seeking the long life.
( The Ming Male Buffalo bigger Plate and Ox figurine , very rare only have one artifact of each animal , please the collectors have the Ming buffalo ceramic or figurien like the illustratins please reprt via comment)
@COPYRIGHT DR IWAN S.2010